Sanctuary of Wanderhome Forums: Changing the Default Video Card for Star Citizen - Sanctuary of Wanderhome Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Changing the Default Video Card for Star Citizen

#1 User is offline   Yurizot Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

Hello all,

I've recently had an issue on my laptop that has an integrated video card and a dedicated graphics card. The computer was defaulting to the integrated video card for the Star Citizen program instead of the dedicated graphics card. Therefore, the video was barely functioning within the game. I had to manually change the default video card to the dedicated card instead of the integrated card. Below are some screenshots of what to do to change it.

Posted Image

Right Click on the Desktop and Click on "NVIDIA Control Panel"

Posted Image

This screen will appear. Click on the "Manage 3D settings" link on the left. Then, click on the "Program Settings" tab in the screen.

Posted Image

This screen will appear. Click on the "Add" button under the "1. Select a program to customize:" area.

Posted Image

A new screen will appear that is similar to this. Scroll through the list and find the "StarCitizen" program (not the "CIGPatcher" program) and click on the "Add Selected Program" button on the bottom.

Posted Image

The screen will go back to the "Manage 3D Settings" screen. Here, under the section called "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:", click the drop down menu and select the "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

Posted Image

Finally, click "Apply" button at the bottom of the screen. This should change the processor from the integrated processor to the NVIDIA processor.

user posted image

#2 User is offline   Astrus Icon

• Elder Guild Master
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Anti Bot Question:twelve

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Thanks alot for this man. This has already helped alot of people.
user posted image
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
"We are constantly searching, not just for answers to our questions, but for new questions. We are explorers. We explore our lives day by day, and we explore the galaxy, trying to expand the boundaries of our knowledge." - Benjamin Sisko
"I can guarantee you that this guild pushes education and to better yourself outside of game better than any guild on any game..." - Adaren, on SancTuarY of Wanderhome

#3 User is offline   Yva Xorna Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Star Citizen, mining, Visual Basic.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for the photos and step-by-step instructions Yuri. I can see where this would be super frustrating for people.
Resource Acquisition
ad maiorem mettalum gloriam

#4 User is offline   Shawkorrr Icon

• Ex-Guild Master
  • PipPipPip
  • Anti Bot Question:Yes

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

Hey Yuri.......

:buhjam:
user posted image

Page 1 of 1