Sanctuary of Wanderhome Forums: Anybody keeping up on the lore? - Sanctuary of Wanderhome Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anybody keeping up on the lore?

#1 User is offline   Yva Xorna Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Star Citizen, mining, Visual Basic.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

Is anyboy else really keeping up on the Lore? I read Zynwin's post on the Lore timeline and was thinking maybe I should spend some time reading up on the Lore of Star Citizen. I never have cared much for the Lore in any game I have played thus far including WOW (which I could not tell you the first thing about) and LOTRO (despite having read all the Lord of the Rings books). I have started reading the officialWriter's Guides though and so far it isn't a bad read. I think it is actually interesting to have some background on the ideas behind the game. I've got some catching up to do on the reading but it looks like I am off for anther couple of days so that should work out in my favor.
Resource Acquisition
ad maiorem mettalum gloriam

#2 User is offline   Kakon Icon

• SancTuarY Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • Anti Bot Question:yes

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

They have put a lot of effort and attention to their lore so far, we might even have ingame secrets people can only solve if they know the lore.
I light the Lantern of Wisdom to dispel the fog of confusion and cut away the darkness of doubt.

#3 User is offline   Zynwin Icon

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:48 PM

I've been reading up on the lore, as I do with most games I play and I like it so far. It's nothing special or anything but the main reason it's good is that it actually seems feasible. It's all well thought out and realistic. It makes sense how certain events are connected to each other and so far haven't really noticed any inconsistencies (even though they have multiple writers).
What I don't like is that the lore is kind off all over the place on their website and pretty hard to get into, because they've been releasing it in bits and not necessarily in chronological order or anything. The timeline website helps sort it out though but I think it hasn't been updated in a while.

#4 User is offline   Yva Xorna Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Star Citizen, mining, Visual Basic.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

View PostZynwin, on 27 February 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

What I don't like is that the lore is kind off all over the place on their website and pretty hard to get into, because they've been releasing it in bits and not necessarily in chronological order or anything. The timeline website helps sort it out though but I think it hasn't been updated in a while.

Agreed, Zynwin. That's what turned me off at first but I'm going to try and read it all in order now that I have a week off work.
Resource Acquisition
ad maiorem mettalum gloriam

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users