Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yva Xorna

NY Times Article on Star Citizen!

4 posts in this topic

The New York Times has posted an article on our beloved Star Citizen. It is unfortunate that the angle they were going for is a bit hateration but even bad press gets people curious.  I love this game so far and I think it is just going to be a true work of art when it comes out. 

There's going to be the haters, doubters, slanderers, and such.  I see no reason, for the foreseeable future, why they would be right.  The game is making strides.  And it's going to take time to make it.  As a supporter, we have the honor of finding bugs, and giving feedback on a super complex game.  The GTA series of games, as of late, have taken just as much time to be put out, with far less features.

Criticism, will get the game recognized, and those that choose to give the game a whirl, will make up their own minds.  We can choose to be Lemmings, or we can choose to be Pioneers.

1 person likes this

Its funny how they took a overall negative outlook on the project while self-destrucing their own argument with the following:

Cloud Imperium Games was founded in 2011 by Mr. Roberts, who has a long history in the video game business. He started making games as a teenager in England, and later gained renown with the Texas-based video game company Origin Systems, where he made the game Wing Commander. Released in 1990, the sci-fi spaceflight simulation game was a critical and commercial success and produced several sequels.

While the article cited kickstarter game failures, it didnt cite a failure that was started by someone who has had so much success in both the film and the gaming industry.

1 person likes this

Exactly. I don't get the hate they put into this article. Maybe they lost one too many dogfights? Ok fine if you don't like kickstarters then don't participate in them. Let the rest of us have some fun with our money. Life is too short not to have fun.