Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kakon

Engineer's Log

3 posts in this topic

Over the time our Minecraft server as started everyone who has joined as enjoyed it with some minor issues. As a result for everyone's love for the server and investment I have made it my goal to make that the best experience possible for everyone! I will spend anywhere from 8-20 hours a week on major bug conflicts or player issues to make sure everything is running smoothly again. it' gets easier and easier as I have had to re-learn every mod, the patches of Minecraft, and techniclauncher and I will always continue to make this server the smoothest experience possible. As always if you have any bug issues or concerns send me a personal message on forums and DONT BREAK THE SERVER RARHRAWRARHR!

Engineer's Log: 5th day of the 8th month. Earth's 2017s cycle around the sun anno Domini. 

This week I put in the effort to update the server to 1.11.2 patch. Along with minor stability of the mods which are more up date for this patch. This effort includes grabbing new versions of every mod we use. This unfortunate means dropping a mod that  is not being updated... but a work around was discovered even if it meant a little more time to invest. 

With the new sets of Forge and Sponge it was time to run the tests and smooth out any conflictions. Updated mods means updated config files so those were first to be compared. Once the new lines were added and checked we run up the Personal Server and look for any hiccups, of which there were many. After smoothing out the server's understanding of what mods should be loaded we can run our old world and survey any immediate issues or missing blocks. 

An issue occurred with conflicted mods, and they both were needed for the core experience. Removing either would destroy hours of our members works and I would not tolerate that. So it was time to solve the problem. Going through how the mods run and in which order I researched what would cause the internal exception. Isolating the event I could educate myself on the issue and apply a few solutions. Through a bit of trial and error the server not only started up but was running even smoother than before. 

Reminder to self to have the server ready to go back up the instant its taken down for maintenance. As I was working on some trial and error to make sure the World transfered back with no issue but the file transfer system was acting slow than normal. During this time some players attempted to connected without knowing what was wrong. In the future I'll make a public engineer's log to inform the masses of changes. Technic launcher was than updated along with the server going live and instantly the players started jumping back on.

These events have been slow on progress but rewarding to increase my understanding and technical skill in keeping the server smooth with the current resources. Thank you to everyone who's joins the server and adds their own charm to our pixel community. 

End Log.

Edited by Kakon
3 people like this

Sounds like a report a certain Johvar would send to his superiors. Your work is appreciated as always sir. May the force give you strength.

1 person likes this