Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yurizot

Changing the Default Video Card for Star Citizen

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I've recently had an issue on my laptop that has an integrated video card and a dedicated graphics card. The computer was defaulting to the integrated video card for the Star Citizen program instead of the dedicated graphics card. Therefore, the video was barely functioning within the game. I had to manually change the default video card to the dedicated card instead of the integrated card. Below are some screenshots of what to do to change it.

AzfBApv.png

Right Click on the Desktop and Click on "NVIDIA Control Panel"

FwjYqiJ.png

This screen will appear. Click on the "Manage 3D settings" link on the left. Then, click on the "Program Settings" tab in the screen.

rSZWHEC.png

This screen will appear. Click on the "Add" button under the "1. Select a program to customize:" area.

qVEdV5y.png

A new screen will appear that is similar to this. Scroll through the list and find the "StarCitizen" program (not the "CIGPatcher" program) and click on the "Add Selected Program" button on the bottom.

jNMHJjL.png

The screen will go back to the "Manage 3D Settings" screen. Here, under the section called "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:", click the drop down menu and select the "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

eJXInfo.png

Finally, click "Apply" button at the bottom of the screen. This should change the processor from the integrated processor to the NVIDIA processor.

Thanks for the photos and step-by-step instructions Yuri. I can see where this would be super frustrating for people.