VOICE COMMS Server Info: Mumble Server

Astrus

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I am trying to download this app, but I have some major trust issues right now. Why would this app have two websites to download from. A .com, a .info, and then theres the git hub that your forum leads me to with 14 different download links..... Why does the .info site have a Github link, but then their own download location?... Why would they have multiple websites to download their app from? Which website is the right one that's trustworthy? Why does the GitHub that you guys link too have 14 different download links? This is the most difficult time I've ever had to download something....

Update: Downloaded on my phone, someone online told me to use the .info download.

Edited by Capt_Quimdell
Update.
  • Thanks 1

@Capt_Quimdell   I think the multiple downloads stems from the whole Open Source aspect of it. 

The GitHub would be if a good source if you were needing to customize it, which I wouldn't recommend at this point. 

Mumble.com is owned and operated by LightSpeed Gaming, LLC and is not affiliated with the Mumble Project and if you notice at the top they are trying to sell you a server too.

But the mumble.info is the Mumble Project website.

I see you got it installed, hopefully it is working now?

• 11 months later...