Decent internet on hold

Yva Xorna

Well today was the day the cable guy came out to hook me up. He was on time so he gets a point for that. And my dog liked him so he gets 2 points.

Unfortunately internet here is busted at the street-level so they are going to have to fix that first before they can hook anything up.

The tech said the connection was all corroded and the signal was intermittent (like it has a short).

I'm disappointed because hey anything is better than this 18Mbps shoestring between 2 paper cups that I currently have.

I think it will eventually work out in my favor though because it is broken enough they can't just duct tape it and I spend the next 2 years calling up to complain the signal went out again.

It sounds like they are actually going to have to FIX it.

The people that lived here before me had this same service although I don't think they were gamers so either it was really bad then or some unfortunate accident befell the wiring right after they moved out.

One good thing is apparently the wiring in the house is fine its just one of those situations where who knows what happened at the street level.

The last placeI lived, for whatever reason, people had cut the wires *shrug*.

Should be resolved before midterms and definitely before the game comes out of Alpha

I'll keep my fingers crossed for next week :)

• 3 weeks later...