Shawkorrr

SancTuarY of Wanderhome: 9/2/2003 - 5/30/2011

27 posts in this topic

It has been decided that SancTuarY of Wanderhome will be closing its doors on May 30th 2011.

For almost 8 years we've been active in the pursuit of the perfect mature gaming community playing MMOs. We have had about three thousand people coming in and out of this guild during these years, and we have experienced everything from mourning moments to hilarious moments in real life and in-game.

In december 2010, days before the release of WoW Cataclysm, we lost our admin Kakon when he simply vanished without any explanations as to why he was gone … he simply removed us from all aspect of his life within hours; Facebook, Steam etc. This was a friend that we all had helped out a lot in both real life and in-game. Hours, days, months, years spent in a friendship just tossed away…. This was the last straw, this is where it all started going downwards for me as a guild leader. Too great of a loss.

We could not stay in STO simply because it was run by trash developers (and the recent Atari sale of STO verifies that). RIFT is a very polished game with quite a lot of fun content, it was the best choice we had to keep on going, but the average community in there was trash like in World of Lootcraft. People being ignorant, untrustworthy, backstabbing, lootwhores, and disrespectful twenty four seven doesn't help on the mood running this guild. Astrus actually asked me if I was prepared for this before moving, I thought I was prepared to take the guild into another game that would, yet again, be filled with lootwhores and ignorant people, but sadly in the end Kakon leaving, people being ignorant lootwhores, and "good friends" turning out not to care one bit about you just caught up to me. I got burnt out and it has affected the guild in many aspects recently. I should have ended it before we moved over, and it is my fault things has not been running smooth.

I now see this as a huge waste of my personal (and other admin's) time. Why should we keep on tolerating constant bullcrap from ungrateful players when we don't get anything in return?? Look at Astrus, he has been training people in all kinds of classes, raids, instances, given financial help and much much more for over seven years and all he got in return is ungrateful POS attitude in return from 95% of the players he considered his friends. I mentioned Kakon, well, right before he left, Astrus shipped him a graphic card and a monitor FOR FREE, how effed up is that?? My conclusion of the average MMO'er is that they don't want community nor friendship, they just want to stand around in purps that is replaced within months…. I've never ever understood that part of MMOs.

I started this journey called SancT by recruiting my arse off back in 2005, and now I am the one that is ending it…. You may ask "why don't you just retire or go on leave?", and the answer is that there is nobody in here that is ready to take up the responsibility of guild leader at this time. Since we moved over it has been Astrus that has been doing most of the guild leader work which is not how it should be, at all. If I go on leave that means he will be leading this by himself, with the help of other admins of course, but it would not be right….because the community called SancT was my dream, and if my dream is shattered, how could they keep on doing this when they see that the one behind the dream have lost the urge to keep on going?

To the haters….you hated the wrong person all this time. I am the one that got you kicked, I am the one that built the case to get you all out of this community because you were simply trash in one way or the other. You only hated Astrus because he was the most vocal one about it, but what you never figured out is that I WAS THE REAL BAD GUY ALL ALONG.

I would like to thank my administraton that I have known for quite some time and which I consider my real life friends.

- Thank you Frederick for being such an intelligent person, your students should be honored having you as their teacher!

- Thank you Blendoman for being the pro gamer that you are, and the friend that you have always been.

- Thank you Jasko for all those hilarious videos, stories, pictures and the years of friendship!

- And of course our elder guild leader Astrus. It has been an interesting ride that I will never forget. Without you, these years would have been worth nothing. I guess without you I would still be running around on Naboo on my wookiee trying to kill Nunas. We were a good team these years. A lot of good memories. Thank you for tossing me in the direction of movie production! I could probably make a whole page of things I could thank you for but that would look sorta weird in this topic. Do remember, if you want to talk politics or religion, talk to Fred not me hehe! ;)

What will happen now?

SancTuarY of Wanderhome in RIFT will be shut down on May 30th.

The leadership will continue to keep in touch via Ventrilo, Facebook, cellphone etc. The friendships will continue.

Our current members can move on to whatever they want to continue to, but there will be no more SancT RIFT. If you wish, we will still be around in Ventrilo and Facebook from time to time, and that is where you will be able to reach us if you wish to chat.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (sorry I just had to say that).

best regards,

Shawkorrr

I am sad and shocked. Sent a PM to you and Astrus.

I don't want to see SanT end. Too many friends have I made in this guild and would follow the leadership anywhere (which is why I am now playing on a PvP server...because I hate PvP). I hope you all continue gaming and that we can continue gaming together...doesn't have to be under this guild title, but sad to see it go. I have been where you guys are and understand the pain and frustrations that come with leading a guild and also when it reaches a point where you have to walk-away. Just remember your true friends and keep them as friends...that is what has made gaming fun for me. I still play games with people I met in 1996 and we don't all always play the same games at the same time but when our paths do cross in a game, we find ourselves playing together again.

I hope to continue playing games with many I have met during my time in this awesome guild.

I am sad and shocked. Sent a PM to you and Astrus.

I don't want to see SanT end. Too many friends have I made in this guild and would follow the leadership anywhere (which is why I am now playing on a PvP server...because I hate PvP). I hope you all continue gaming and that we can continue gaming together...doesn't have to be under this guild title, but sad to see it go. I have been where you guys are and understand the pain and frustrations that come with leading a guild and also when it reaches a point where you have to walk-away. Just remember your true friends and keep them as friends...that is what has made gaming fun for me. I still play games with people I met in 1996 and we don't all always play the same games at the same time but when our paths do cross in a game, we find ourselves playing together again.

I hope to continue playing games with many I have met during my time in this awesome guild.

I told Shawkorrr in 2005 should he ever lose the motivation to keep SancT running then that would be it.

I dont necessarily agree with his decision, but I meant what I said in 2005. I will be visiting him and a few other members IRL in the near future.

Wait... Wha?!?

*scratches head* Erm... I don't know how to react... I guess what ever is best for you all, but I hope you keep in touch!! I made some really wonderful friends here...

Edit:

I want to just say that I respect the decisions of Shaw and you Astrus, and that if you feel the end is what is best, than I do not question that decision at all. I want to say sorry again for my inactivity. I do miss the long talks I've had with you and Astus, as well as Gnume and other members that helped me along the way, and am very sorry to hear that some people chose to basically take advantage of you, and hate on you, when you were just trying to be a friend. I've met very few honorable people in games, but at the top of the list is Astrus, and you. In the little time I was around, and have been around, I've grown to respect you both immensely. If you wish, I will be sending both a PM with my personal irl contact info... I hope you keep in touch!

i am deeply sadened by a guild i have grown to love and show my loyalties to...

i have deep frends here.

some times you reach out and touch a star well a star has fallen today may i touch it ?

love Duzat

I am sad to see the end of your dream, I hope you can start anew. I really enjoyed playing with you guys, as you focused on a mature playing experience. This was my first time playing an MMO, and you really helped me enjoy learning how it works. Thank you for the instructions and leadership. I hope to "see" you guys around, my xbox gamertag is kickn4fun, I'll probably be using that name in this type of game from now on too. Please, invite me anytime you see me in a game of any type.

I am sad to see such a GREAT guild shutdown. I always had pride being in Sanct. Please do not shut it down. Lets start over. Shaw delegate your leadership we have some great players right now we can take some of the burden off your shoulders.

I am sad to see such a GREAT guild shutdown. I always had pride being in Sanct. Please do not shut it down. Lets start over. Shaw delegate your leadership we have some great players right now we can take some of the burden off your shoulders.

I agree with this, but if it is the wish of Shaw and Astrus, than I respect their wishes...

I always have had pride in this guild, and even more so the people... Everyone here has been great friends...

facebook: facebook.com/april.driesse

msn: april.driesse@hotmail.com

yahoo: april_driesse

aim: iloveorlando692

Lemme know who you are if you add me so I dont sit there going who the heck is that.

I agree with this, but if it is the wish of Shaw and Astrus, than I respect their wishes...

I always have had pride in this guild, and even more so the people... Everyone here has been great friends...

i agree with the last 2 on the list :s24: and i just got the internet back what to do now :s9::s15::s18::s36:

awwwhhh man :(

this is the best guild I ever game across in my years of being in gaming communitys, well I'm glad I was able to meet you guys in rift and play with you for a couple months, was great fun, sad to see it go, was looking forward to it getting bigger in rift with the upcoming xfers.

Not exactly the news I expected upon returning home today.

Deeply saddened by this news.

While I'm really sad to see this guild go under, I understand perfectly where Shaw is coming from. As I've said before, running an alliance/guild/fleet is a thankless job. I will say that my time here in Sanct has been one of the most memorable for alot of reasons, but mostly the people. Astrus, Shaw, Fred, Tank, Tec, Rav, Starkiller, Thanks for all the laughs and really great gaming and convos. I dont know what Im going to do now without you guys. Anyhow Im with Tank and those that say the guild should continue, perhaps under new management, however, if it does not, It's understandable. Thanks for the great ride, it was fun.

Merlin.

I'm would like to Thank everyone in the guild for all their help. I hope to keep in touch and still hear the debates in ventrilo. Thank You Shaw and Astrus.

It's been fun.

My thanks mainly go to Astrus for all of his advice on the cleric class. He made me better by pulling me out of my comfort zone and challenging me. Admittedly, there were times when I wanted to choke his lights out, but these were usually followed by my feeling like an *butt* for doubting his motives. Success is not something come by without hard work, and the times I was most fed up were the times I was being forced to be better than I was. As a result, I am forever thankful for the time and effort invested in me by Astrus, Shawkorr, and all of the leadership of SoW. You guys are awesome and I wish you all the best.

Thanks also to all of the members of SoW that made Rift fun for me.

Marus

1 person likes this

WOW! - and not the game WoW!

I take a new job, get stuck with some serious hours so I can't hardly play at all and look what happens!

The MMO world has been dealt a heavy blow with the disbanding of SoW, but I respect our leaders and the decision that has been made. I have been playing with SoW since STO and I will miss you all.

Best of luck to everyone and I hope to run into some of you now and again in the future.

Sincerely,

Lance

P.S. I will try to check in now and again to see if the forums are still up and what people might be doing. I will probably move to a PvE server if I can start putting some time back into the game again - maybe see you soon...

It has been a fun ride. I remember the SWG days like they were yesterday. I remember the WoW days just a vivid. Then we all moved to Rift and things got fuzzy. I got more active in my RL and such. I started going to online College to get a degree, thanks in no small part to Astrus and Shaw. They willed me make a better person of myself and talents. Then I got myself into firefighting to help others as well. The next step is to get a better job with better hours!

So I am saddened by this news, only having just learned about it from Shaw. But I can see it was a long time coming too. We've had our ups and violent downs. It was only a matter of time before it affected the membership harshly enough to warrant this. I'm sure that I will attempt to keep in touch with everyone that I have on my facebook and skype (links at the bottom).

So see you out there and maybe we can game again!

Peace out,

Zhiv

facebook: facebook.com/zhiv.otnoya

game is not gonna fun without shawkorrr and astrus. sad day indeed but life goes on, new games come out and hopefully you will be playing and ill join you again.

im playing greenscale and currently keyboard turning if you still gonna play come on over. hopefully this friday the 1st of july i'll have better use of my hand. its always fun playing with wookiees

was wondering why the vent was so empty latley you guys still using that one or do you have a new one , i just like to come and hang out with you guys , even if you play games like rift :P let me know please

There are very few good guilds out there, and this was the greatest of the bunch. I know I disappeared for a while but I never thought the guild would disband. I just want to say thanks to Asterisk for all his help in raids as well as all the advice he gave me in playing a warriour in RIFT. I also want to say thanks to Shawkkor for running this great guild, hope you guys find good MMO's to play.

Wow I took a long break because I rushed through it and it just made me tired of it but coming back slowly and enjoying it and was hoping to come back to the guild and have some great times again! But This really is like mind blowing.Hands down this has been one of the best guilds I have ever been in and if you all come back and try anything again even for Starwars I would appreciate being apart of it! All of our leaders you all were great! I very much will miss playing with you all! Miss the old vent talks but if you all like to chat and keep up be glad to add my FB!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/robert.c.burtze

My Email is burtzeII@gmail.com

SO many memories...So many friends...So much drama and laughing. One last time guys......JUMPING BONUS!!!!!!!!!!