Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kickn4fun

Warrior Builds

2 posts in this topic

So, I've seen there are hardly any warriors in our guild, and wanted to try and fill this gap. I've been playing around with some warrior builds, and I'll post them here as I sort out the fine points.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0chAE.EbM0ociczMz.Vuqp.xVu

Here is my tanking build. Basically, I tried to generate as much threat as possible, so aggro is allways on me. So far, it's working. I've had others start a pull before me (not my call) and I have no issues pulling aggro right off them.

So basically, Paladin gives you some ranged strikes, lots of armor buffs and block increase, which dramatically reduces the damage you take.

Reaver gives you more damage reduction and AoE DoT abilities which all will generate threat. It's important to have these going to keep threat on you. They also spread to other enemies, so its pretty easy to grab aggro no matter what is going on.

Warlord gives you bonuses in armor, block, and aggro. It also gives you a cool ability to pull someont to you, which is nice when there are several casters in a pull that are too far apart for aoe.

I am working on macro's for this build, I'm having some issues with all strikes not being cast. I will post those soon.

So, here are the macro's that I am using. there are a few, but each puts up a buff/debuff or AoE or a pull.

Tank 1

suppressmacrofailures

cast retaliation

cast aggressive block

cast disarming counterblow

cast pacifying strike

Tank 2

suppressmacrofailures

cast retaliation

cast agressive block

cast leader's mark

Tank 3

suppressmacrofailures

cast retaliation

cast agressive block

cast empowering strike

These I bind to keys 1-3. each puts up a different buff, while letting you use counter block whenever it pops up. I ust spam away with these on single targets.

Reaver DoT's

cast plague bringer

cast grim lure

cast soul sickness

cast blood fever

cast necrotic wounds

This is my 4 key, which I pull with. Plague Bringer makes all the rest of these strikes hit 5 targets. Grim Lure forces the target to attack you for 3 seconds. Soul Sickness heals you. The others are just DoT's

Tank Ranged

suppressmacrofailures

cast light's decree

cast shield throw

cast light's hammer

cast nectotic wounds

Shift1 is my Shield Charge, to fly into a group. It generates threat, but sometimes a groupie who is quick on the draw will pull it off you. Better put up Plague Bringer first, so you can cast your Reaver DoT's ASAP.

This is my Shift2 key. These all have a 20 meter range, so you can pull aggro to you. Light's Decree should be first, because it causes attacks to hit 5 enemies instead of 1. Makes all strikes an AoE for 12 seconds.

Now for AoE attacks.

suppressmacrofailures

cast concussion

cast retaliation

cast paladin's reprisal

cast light's decree

cast sweeping strike

cast vicious cleave

cast judgement

This is my Shift3 key. Two of these are AoE taunts, and 2 are "hits * number of attackers."

The reason I put the same strike in so many of different macro's, is because the randomly pop up when you block, which is a chance happening in itself. You never know when you will get it. I am always spamming whichever attack I need to at the time, to you will get a 1-2 hit when they pop up. As a tank, you could pretty much run the entire instance whithout slowing down, as long as your healer can keep up. Otherwise, I put Light's Hammer on another button to stun when I need it. The only thing this build really is missing is a interrupt, but the stun sometimes works for that.