almost had hope

yonv

well i have had the last week off from work , I avoided the news, didn't read much of anything at all , and spend a weekend with an old friend from high school, (dam i'm old)

so i was starting to have a bit of hope that maybe i was wrong about the percentage of morons in this world, that was till i got a email inviting me to this linky i give up it seems they are breeding to fast, the idiots will inherit the earth

If ignorance is bliss then I am surrounded by some of the happiest people on the face of the earth.

I for one, don't have a problem accepting that there was a higher power at work when the UNIVERSE was created. As with most things that are created, they are then left to evolve and grow on their own. What I have an issue with is the Catholic church saying that God created the heavens (yes), and the earth (well maybe), and man (whoa hold on there!). First of all, God did create the universe. But like I was saying, the universe then evolved on it's own. And in doing so created the proper circumstances for the planets to be created, and on those planets that may or may not support life, to mature even further on their own. So man may have been created by a process that was started by a god, but god didn't have a say in the creation of man and beast. That happened naturally.

And don't even get me started on the whole Jesus thing...

I believe there is a god or higher power that created the universe, in it's initial phase. But from there science can explain the rest. But science cannot explain what happened before the 'big bang' nor can it explain why it happened. So let god take credit for that, and let the masses explore and explain the rest.

BTW, I was born a Catholic, so what I speak is herecy, then so be it.

well if you strip away the subject , and the religion, and break it down to the base idea that some folks refuse to accept that there are legitimate alternative points of view.

the base belief that my idea are right and ever one else is wrong or telling lies to there benefit will be the largest thing we as a race will have to over come to progress to any kind of civilization that Gene Roddenberry ever envisioned.

its one thing to have faith, but blind faith is dangerous.