We Choose Community: Goodbye World of Lootcraft

Shawkorrr

Greetings all! I know I'm a "Newy Guy" to the group but I am in NO WAY a new guy to gaming and MMORPGs.

I played WOW on Malygos for 3 yrs. My experiences with guilds and starting one of my own was fun, painful, & eye opening! I moved to Pirates of the Burning Seas and there I spent the last year. Unfortunately i found it not much better than WoW in many respects.

As with many, I've been waiting for STO to come online for a while! I was unable to get into the closed beta, however I DID play the open beta and "Head Start". I TOTALLY agree that this game is much more condusive to the "Community".

I'm honored to be in a group that has weathered two other games and has prospered!

I hope I can be an asset to the group and will help in any way I can

See you in sector space!

Flagh

++USS BAYERN++

Greetings all!  I know I'm a "Newy Guy" to the group but I am in NO WAY a new guy to gaming and MMORPGs.

I played WOW on Malygos for 3 yrs. My experiences with guilds and starting one of my own was fun, painful, & eye opening! I moved to Pirates of the Burning Seas and there I spent the last year. Unfortunately i found it not much better than WoW in many respects.

As with many, I've been waiting for STO to come online for a while! I was unable to get into the closed beta, however I DID play the open beta and "Head Start". I TOTALLY agree that this game is much more condusive to the "Community".

I'm honored to be in a group that has weathered two other games and has prospered!

I hope I can be an asset to the group and will help in any way I can

See you in sector space!

Flagh

++USS BAYERN++

43247[/snapback]

Cheers dude. Good to have you!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the Guild and have been reading the forums to get a feel for it, and I am really glad and proud to invited into a Community Minded group of individuals. I didn't get the chance to play STO in either Betas (my on fault, neglected to check back on when Open beta started) but bought it on realease day, and have been having a blast since. I love the open instance feature, and the fact that it is non loot based.

I played WoW for only about a year and a half and never found a Guild I was comfortable with ie immature, loot hungry, Anal spouting idiots, that my wife and I made our own guild and only our toons are in it. We find ourselves playing just together and a very select few that are our friends in the RW. One such friend has followed me here to STO and also joined SoW.

I will probably still play WoW on occasion, wife isn't a Star Trek fan, and most likely to quest with my wife, a little alone time after kids in bed and before we got to bed, lol.

I'm new to the Guild and have been reading the forums to get a feel for it, and I am really glad and proud to invited into a Community Minded group of individuals.  I didn't get the chance to play STO in either Betas (my on fault, neglected to check back on when Open beta started) but bought it on realease day, and have been having a blast since.  I love the open instance feature, and the fact that it is non loot based. 

I played WoW for only about a year and a half and never found a Guild I was comfortable with ie immature, loot hungry, Anal spouting idiots, that my wife and I made our own guild and only our toons are in it.  We find ourselves playing just together and a very select few that are our friends in the RW.  One such friend has followed me here to STO and also joined SoW.

I will probably still play WoW on occasion, wife isn't a Star Trek fan, and most likely to quest with my wife, a little alone time after kids in bed and before we got to bed, lol.

43439[/snapback]

Glad that we could provide a mature, nuturing place for you and your family to call home. Welcome to SancTuarY.

• 2 weeks later...
Hehe, hey there Lao! :P

43747[/snapback]

heyyy! man i joined this site 28 june 06...its been that long...how goes STO? i heard mixed reviews on it..some liked it, others say it was terrible? how is it honestly? i watched a few vids online and it seemed a little repetative

• 3 months later...

This thread is about 2 peoples disbanding a good wow guild, locking its bank - in fact stealing from its members by doing so - and trying to force people into wasting money on Star Trek Online.

ATTENTION TO ALL THAT HAD NOT PLAYED THE BETA OF STO :

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>

STAR TREK ONLINE "GAME" IS AN EPIC FAIL.

CHECK ONE OF MANY THREADS ON OFFICIAL FORUMS TO SEE WHY.</span>

</span>

Everything i can think of is broken in sto.

Game is boring and repetitive.

There is no endgame content whatsoever.

Game is more instanced than Guild Wars - its not really an mmo.

There is nothing to do in the game besides flying around.

No matter how you hate WoW you will CRY to go back to it after a week in STO.

Game is in a much worse state than Age of Conan was when it shipped and you can be sure it will die off in a month or so.

Do not be foreced into buying it !!!

Now - hope you read that before one of the fanboy mods deletes the thread.

How right was THIS GUY?

• 1 month later...

Hey - all!

It was interesting to read a little bit of the history of this guild. I am thoroughly impressed with the STO group and I for one am damn glad you're there - and I am honored to have become a part of it. Look forward to learning more from all of you.

• 4 months later...
  • Astrus unpinned this topic